Tuesday, March 3, 2009

beginnings


Well, the rainy spring I had been wishing for has arrived. We're drenched but happy for all that needs to grow. Getting into raincoats and boots. I have been listening to Emmanuelle Parrenin a lot and planted some flowers and bulbs. Some shows are in the works, we just confirmed March 20th at Adobe Bookstore, it should be a great night. Chloe will do a set and we'll sing some together, and this sweet duo from Portland, The Woodlands, will lull your socks off.
I'm also very excited to announce that the Scottish label Autumn Ferment Records will be releasing Bumblebee in June, as part of a split single with the delightful Emily Scott. Autumn Ferment are a new label out of Forres, Scotland. They've been releasing a nice stream of some of the best new psych/folk music around. One of my favorite things about them might be their involvement with the Caledonian Forest restoration project Trees For Life. See how they do it.

5 comments:

  1. I am excited that you started this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm very new at all this so we'll see how it goes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. have you heard the marianne dissard disc? love it! must see her at the hemlock this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome to find your blog. think of you often!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks you guys, I'm so new to this I only saw your comments right now...ahem.

    Dan - I haven't heard that lady but will check her out.

    ReplyDelete