Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Le marché aux oiseaux

I'm still (or again) in Paris- a lot has happened, I played a couple of great shows here and in Bordeaux. For now here are a few photos of the bird market- it's an old institution on the Ile de la Cité (where Notre Dame is). There is a flower market everyday, it's held in beautiful cast iron stalls with glass roofs, and every sunday it's a bird market. I was always fascinated by it as a child (I must have read about it) but had never gone. So I did sunday before last. It was a little disheartening to see all of them birds caged-in (can you imagine if they were all flying around instead?) - but some of them were very pretty...












...and there were fish too!
(and a few other critters, like ferrets and guinea pigs)

No comments:

Post a Comment