Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Children's Games

From Antonio Carlos Jobim's Stone Flower which I am rediscovering at the moment. This song made it from my car stereo to the 5th graders I teach on Tuesdays. What did they say it made them think about? oceans. jungles. fishes.


Then I discovered that Stone Flower is also a Russian fairytale.

"You've always known the secret, Danila. Listen to the music inside the stone just as you listened to it inside the wood when you carved your flute. Don't force it to become what you want. Listen to what the stone wants."


3 comments:

  1. Very pretty track. Speaking of your car stereo, is your Volvo still working?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I love your current moon feature on this site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks! no, my volvo retired in october, I got a new car. It was still running but barely, and not worth fixing it according to my mechanic. Now I don't get wet when it rains and I can listen to music while driving!

    ReplyDelete